A Business Model for National High-Speed Rail
Recorded On: 03/31/2022
Several international models exist for the sustainable development of High Speed Rail exist around the world. In this session, we will explore, with our expert panel, what key features are needed by business, finance and government to overcome the challenges that we’ve faced here in the US to large scale development of high speed rail – financially, legislatively, and commercially.
Moderator: Richard Mudge, Ph.D., Principal and Chief Economist, Compass Transportation and Technology Inc.
Opening Remarks: Patrick Fuchs, Board Member, Surface Transportation Board
- Amy Scarton, Deputy Secretary, Washington State DOT
- Ayelet Hirschkorn, Partner, Kaplan, Kirsch, & Rockwell
- Mike Reininger, CEO, Brightline
- Carlos Aguilar, CEO, Texas Central Railway
- Harout Chitilian, VP Corp Affairs, Strategy & Development, Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec (CDPQ) Infra
- Dave Joynt, MD Transport Investments, Brookfield Infrastructure
Sponsored by Urban Engineers