Building the Business Case for Low-Carbon Public Transportation Service (APTA/FTA Webinar)
Recorded On: 04/06/2022
- Member - Free!
- Non-member - Free!
Adoption of low-carbon and sustainability practices make transit organizations leaders and good corporate citizens in their communities. They also make good business sense. This discussion will identify some of the many ways such sustainability practices will reduce costs and contribute to a healthy triple bottom line.
The webinar is sponsored jointly by APTA and the Federal Transit Administration. Brief opening statements will be made by the Chair of APTA's Sustainability Committee, and by the FTA Associate Administrator for Planning and Environment. Panelists will each open with concise 5-7 minute presentations intended to provide context and establish their main point. The moderator will then facilitate an interactive, high-energy conversation, to be interspersed with audience Q&A.
- Amy Shatzkin, Chair, APTA Sustainability Committee, and Director of Sustainability, Sound Transit, Seattle, WA
- Mark Ferroni, Deputy Associate Administrator for Planning and Environment, Federal Transit Administration
- Kevin Quinn, Chief Executive Officer, TransLink, Vancouver, BC, CA
- Jeffrey Freeman, Sr. Project Coordinator, Metro Transit, Minneapolis, MN
- Meghan Schulz, Corporate Sustainability Initiatives Manager, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, Philadelphia, PA (invited)
- Catherine McNeill Kummer, Sustainability, Resiliency and Government Affairs Officer, Charlotte Area Transit System, Charlotte, NC