Data Governance – Don't Drown in your Data Lake!
Recorded On: 04/14/2021
This webinar will cover a variety of lessons learned, best practices and innovations that our speakers have developed in their Data Governance Programs, Big Data Challenges, and Enterprise Data Management systems across one or many stakeholder organizations. Transit agencies and experts will provide the information you need to set your data governance program in the best possible direction. Speakers will share the steps of conducting an assessment and share with you a set of typical results from taking this action. You may learn how easy it is to organize the assessment and hear results that encourage you to take action at your own agency.
- Ahsan Baig, Chief Information Officer, AC Transit (Alameda Contra-Costa Transit District), Oakland, CA
- Manjit Sooch, Chair, APTA Research and Technology Committee; Director of Systems and Software Development, AC Transit (Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District), Oakland, CA
- Karen A. Winger, AICP, CCTM, TDM-CP, Transit Division Director, Transportation, Gwinnett County Department of Transportation, Lawrenceville, GA
- Dr. Brendon Hemily, Ph.D., Senior Advisor, Transit Analytics Lab (TAL), University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Joseph Yawn, Transportation Technology Administrator, Mobility Services Group, Atlanta Regional Commission, Atlanta, GA