Defining Workforce Needs to Support Bus Fleet Electrification
Recorded On: 11/09/2021
This interactive session will explore current and future opportunities to address workforce concerns as they relate to the electrification of the transit bus fleet. Session participants will identify where the needs are for current and future workers in the industry, what skills workers need to be successful, and how the lack of workers and skills could impact the industry.
The expert panel of transit agency executives and APTA business members will discuss current success attracting adults and youth to the transit industry, identify career opportunities at all levels of the industry, and explain how agencies and OEMs working together can attract future workers to the industry.
Visit https://www.apta.com/transform-tcrp to access TCRP-related documents
- Ken Mall, Managing Director, Workforce Consulting, Educational Data Systems, Inc., Dearborn, MI
- Kirt Conrad, Chief Executive Officer, Stark Area Regional Transit Authority, Canton, OH
- Brad Miller, Chief Executive Officer, Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority, St. Petersburg, FL
- Sheila Jordan, Managing Partner, Knowledge Architects, LLC, Mableton, GA
- Emmanuelle Toussaint, Vice President Legal, Regulatory and Public Affairs, Nova Bus, Plattsburgh, NY
- Mike Finnern, VP, Customer Success, Program Management & Transit Product Management, Proterra Inc., Greenville, SC
- Stephanie Wiggins, Chief Executive Officer, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Los Angeles, CA
- Pamela J. Nabors, President/Chief Executive Officer, CareerSource Central Florida, Orlando, FL
CEUs: 1.5 Engineering