FutureView: Accelerating the Development of Automated Bus Technologies in Transit
Recorded On: 06/24/2021
A group of transit and transportation agencies has formed the Automated Bus Consortium (ABC), a collaboration investigating the feasibility of implementing automated bus pilots across the United States. The Consortium is a first-of-its-kind approach to accelerate the deployment of automated transit technologies, and will combine the purchasing power and collaborative decision-making of these agencies.
The presentation will include an overview from AECOM and selected Consortium members on the program, review of pilot projects, current activities, and next steps.
- Jean Ruestman, Administrator, Michigan Department of Transportation, Office of Passenger Transportation, Lansing, MI
- Kimberly Williams, APTA Vice Chair, Procurement and Supply Chain Committee; Chief Innovation Officer, Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Houston, TX
- Darryl Spencer, Sr. Assistant Vice President, Engineering, Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Dallas, TX
- Chelsey Hohensee, Manager of Operations, Rock Island Metropolitan Mass Transit District, Moline, IL
- Daryl Taavola, Vice President, ABC Program Manager, AECOM, Minneapolis, MN
- Paul Avery, Sr. Emerging Technology Specialist, ABC Automation Lead, AECOM, Austin, TX
- Lisa Jerram, Director-Bus Programs & Emerging Vehicle Technologies, APTA
This APTAU webinar series is free for APTA members and is presented by AECOM.