FutureView: Defensive Operating and the "Point and Call" Method in Rail Operations
During this webinar, Safety Management Systems (SMS) and the importance of defensive driving in rail operations will be covered. Representatives of the Japanese Railway Technical Research Institute/East Japan Railway will provide historical background on more than 100 years of experience in pointing and calling within Japanese railways.
Leaders of APTA's Operating Practices Working Group will discuss how "Point and Call" technology has been implemented at transit agencies across North America.
Marie Benton, Director – Rail Programs, APTA, Washington, DC
- Noriko Onoma, Assistant Manager, Transport Safety Department, East Japan Railway, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
- Ayanori Sato, Assistant Researcher, the Safety Psychology Laboratory, Railway Technical Research Institute, Kokubunji, Tokyo, Japan
- Akiko Ito, Director, Washington DC Representative, the New York Office, East Japan Railway, Washington, DC
- Brian Riley, Chair, APTA Rail Transit Operating Practices Working Group; Superintendent of Transportation – Rail Division, San Diego Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego, CA
- William McClellan, Senior Associate, Alternate Concepts, Inc., Boston, MA
- Christopher Wallgren, Vice President, Transportation Resource Associates, Inc., New York, NY
Presented by AECOM