How to Create Internships and Apprenticeships: Designing Programs That Develop the Workforce and Lead to Permanent Hire
This guide highlights best practices for creating transit internships and awareness, gleaned from interviews with agencies of all sizes, private sector companies, academic institutions, and other transit partners. Key take aways from this volume include:
- Invest in internships and apprenticeships.
- Talk up the value of transit jobs and careers.
- Involve and include existing employees.
- Pursue co-operative education opportunities.
- Consider registered apprenticeships.
See the full list of APTA Workforce Mini-guides