Innovations in Mobility: Use of Automated Buses on Connecticut’s CTfastrak BRT
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT), is preparing to launch the first American pilot of full-sized, automated buses. In early 2023 CTDOT will deploy four automated and electric buses on CTfastrak, a 9.4-mile Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) line linking Hartford and New Britain.
Visionaries behind the project will describe projected passenger benefits from automated bus service, including more consistent acceleration, deceleration, and headways as well as smoother docking at stations. CTDOT also expects to reduce costs through vehicle platooning and lower maintenance expenses.
– Nicole DuPuis, Director, Transit Technology and Innovation, APTA, Washington, DC
– Dennis Solensky, Transit Administrator, Connecticut Department of Transportation, Newington, CT
– Lisa Rivers, Transit Manager, Connecticut Department of Transportation, Newington, CT
– Peter Calcaterra, CAV Program Lead, Connecticut Department of Transportation, Newington, CT
– Christopher Pangilinan, Head of Global Policy for Public Transportation, Uber Technologies, Inc., San Francisco, CA
The APTAU Innovations in Mobility series is presented by Uber | Routematch.