Kaleidoscope: Transit, Climate Change, and Communities: Impact and Equity
Recorded On: 12/14/2022
The effects of climate change have a disproportionate impact on transit users. It is important to understand how extreme heat, flooding, and impure water, all byproducts of climate, expose transit riders to an increasing degree. The webinar will raise awareness to those risks, and highlight actions by transit agencies around the country to mitigate impacts in an equitable manner. Actions to boost climate resiliency include cool pavements, tree canopies, enhanced shelters and waiting areas, and schedules, connections, wait times, and real-time information that can help enhance the comfort of the complete transit trip.
- Rob Borowski, Sustainability Officer, Capital Metro, Austin, TX
- Mark Ferroni, Deputy Associate Administrator, Planning and Environment, Federal Transit Administration, Washington, DC
- Hannah Lyons-Galante, Climate Resiliency Specialist, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, Boston, MA
- Carlos Cruz-Casas, Chief Innovation Officer, Miami-Dade Transit, Miami FL
- Michael Connelly, Chief Planning Officer, Chicago Transit Authority, Chicago, IL