Portal North Bridge: Lessons Learned from a Multi-agency Mega Rail Project
Recorded On: 06/16/2021
The Portal North Bridge Project is an estimated $1.8 billion rail project being sponsored by NJ TRANSIT on the Northeast Corridor the rail line owned by Amtrak. Funding will be provided by the Federal Transit Administration, the Federal Railroad Administration, local bond funds, and other New Jersey state entities.
In this session, panelists will identify and discuss key legal issues that arose in this project. The session will provide an overview of the project, compliance issues related to multiple federal and local funding sources, and development of interagency agreements, including those between two railroads using the same right of way.
- Suzanne Silverman, Partner, Kaplan Kirsch Rockwell, New York, NY
- Ayelet Hirschkorn, Senior Director, Contracts and Claims, New Jersey Transit Corporation (NJ TRANSIT), Newark, NJ
- Marie A. Corrado, Senior Director, Gateway Program, AMTRAK, New York, NY
- Dana Nifosi, Deputy Chief Counsel, Federal Transit Administration, Washington, DC
- Casey Mendez Symington, Attorney, Federal Railroad Administration, Washington, DC
NOTE: CLEs are not available on the recording.
This session is part of the full Legal Affairs Virtual Mini Seminar - June 2021 available in APTAU Learning.