Public Transit Responds to COVID-19 – Lessons Learned
Recorded On: 12/08/2020
Contracting – Force Majeure, Supply Chain, and Insurance Recovery
Many transit agencies are reviewing their contracts to determine if they can excuse contractual performance of a vendor or how they can be excused from performance of a contract during this pandemic. This topic will explore whether performance may be excused under a force majeure clause or whether impossibility of performance or commercial impracticability grounds may apply.
Handling Accommodation and Leave Requests and COVID-19 Related Absences During the Pandemic
This topic will review potential staffing issues transit authorities may face during the pandemic and discuss both legal and best practice guidance that needs to be considered when responding to accommodation and leave requests and COVID-19 related absences.
Title VI Considerations: Transitioning from Temporary to Longer Term Service and Fare Changes
As the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to affect the demand for, and the revenue sources supporting public transit, agencies find that “temporary” service and fare changes initially exempt from Title VI analyses requirements may transition into longer term changes. What should those agencies be considering now?
This topic will discuss the potential theories of liability for contracting COVID-19 in the workplace and ways to better position yourself to defend against such claims.
- William R. Moseley, Vice Chair, Legal Affairs Committee; Principal, Jackson Lewis, Jacksonville, FL
- Christos Kritsidimas, Director of Legal Affairs, Nova Bus, Plattsburgh, NY
- T. Byron Smith, Partner, Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell LLP, Washington, DC
- Jenifer Bologna, Attorney, Jackson Lewis, White Plains, NY
- Anthony A. Anderson, Partner, Thompson Coburn LLP, Washington, DC
- Chuck Poplstein, Partner, Thompson Coburn LLP, St. Louis, MO
NOTE: CLEs are not available on the recording.
This session is part of the full Legal Affairs Virtual Mini Seminar - December 2020 available in APTAU Learning.