Transit Agency and Utility Partnerships: Best Practices and Strategies for Working Together Toward Successful Electric Bus Deployments
Recorded On: 05/08/2020
Battery electric bus deployments require transit agencies to integrate a totally new fueling infrastructure. A critical partner in this effort is the electric utility. For many transit agencies, utility business models, tariff structures and planning processes are not well understood.
In this webinar, hosted by APTA, in partnership with the Edison Electric Institute, you will hear from a panel of three electric companies about how they operate, what they are doing to support the electric bus market, and how transit agencies and electric companies can work effectively together to support electric bus deployments. They will share their success stories, pitfalls to avoid and what you should think about as you ramp up electric bus infrastructure. The panel will also answer audience questions.
- Lisa Jerram, Director-Bus Programs and Emerging Vehicle Technologies, APTA, Washington D.C.
- Kellen Schefter, Director, Electric Transportation, Edison Electric Institute, Washington D.C.
- Cameron Freberg, Utility Strategist, Austin Energy, Austin, TX
- Andrew Papson, eMobility Advisor, Southern California Edison, Los Angeles, CA
- Kim Winslow, Senior Director of Energy Solutions, Evergy, Kansas City, MO