The Challenges of Bringing Riders Back to Transit
Recorded On: 06/09/2021
As people get vaccinated and are ready to return to work and pre-pandemic life, who will ride mass transit? Returning to transit as cities reopen and people return to a trace of pre-pandemic life, the question remains will public transit be able to dispel the suggestion that that large numbers of people using mass transit and passenger rail is a risk. This session will share best practices and emerging trends regarding service delivery and restoring trust.
- Ronnie Hakim, Senior Vice President and National Transit and Rail Market Sector Leader, HNTB
- Leslie Richards, General Manager, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
- Randy Clarke, General Manager, Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Alex Wiggins, CEO, New Orleans Regional Transit Authority
- Andy Byford, Commissioner, Transport for London
This session is part of the full 2021 APTA-UITP Rail Conference Virtual Event available in APTAU Learning.